The question everyone seems to be asking...

"Why a LeBaron?"

The answer to this is simple: It's an easy to find domestic convertible that's easy to work on, and I've always liked them. Here's how this breaks down:

1) easy to find: this one is obvious. Cars that are easy to find are easy to find parts for, and can generally be bought cheap in the first place. LeBarons are derived from the K-car, along with 95% of Chrysler's lineup at the time. This makes parts and parts cars plentiful.

2) domestic: again, this makes the cost of parts lower.

3) convertible: need I say more?

4) easy to work on: as much as you might not want to hear it, K-cars and their derivatives are by far the easiest FWD cars to work on. Ever.

5) I've always liked them: now that's the part that really matters, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, didn't know you were a car person! This seems like a really cool project; convertables are so much fun, especially with the right work done to them. I'm looking to work on a Festiva drag car project in the summer with about the exact same reasons as you(minus the ragtop, that would just look weird). Can't wait to see how it looks; you keeping the red?

--Alex

omega said...

I totally agree and I really enjoy some of the old K-Car frames and feelings.

Damn, even my 06 Sebring is a throwback, eh? "Cloud car" or something like that. Nothing beats the feel of some of these cars.

I just have one question to add to your list:

Why not blue?

and the answer:

Because it is too awesome for me.